It's showtime! After all of the time you have spent preparing your Nanaimo house for sale; it's time for the showings to begin.
Once you have inspected your house you are now ready for showings.
Following you will find a checklist of steps to take to prepare your home to show well.
- Open all drapes, blinds, etc.
- Air out the house to get rid of cooking, pet odors, and so on.
- Have fresh flowers in view.
- Pick up clutter, and empty garbage.
- Make sure everything is spotless.
- Set your thermostat at a comfortable level.
- Remove pets from the house or put them outside.
- Leave when the house is being shown
- In poor weather, provide a place for boots, overshoes and umbrellas.
- Display photos of the house in summer to show landscaping if selling in the winter months.
- Leave out heating and hydro bills.
- For those on a septic system and/or well, leave out inspection and maintenance
- As long as the day is not sweltering, dramatize your open hearth with a small fire, or turn on your gas fireplace.
- If you have a smoker in the house, empty ashtrays and spray room
- Turn on lights from top to bottom, even in the daytime;
- Turn off TV, dishwasher and any other noisemakers.
- If you leave your stereo on, play neutral easy-listening music very softly.
- Make beds up with the best spreads, put toilet seats down, display newish towels.
- If you have time and the right linens set a beautifully-set dining-room table.